100km ‘Sally’s Ride’ Challenge
Entry fee $60 (Under 18 $30)
COURSE REVERSED IN 2019
The 100km challenge will suit the experienced rider who is looking for an extended challenge.
The Ride is in a clockwise direction along the West Tamar to Legana Rosevears, Exeter and Deviot along the banks of the Western side of the Tamar estuary crossing over at the famous Batman bridge before returning via the East Tamar through Karoola to Royal Park Launceston.
The 100km ride leaves Royal park turning RIGHT into Paterson st then a quick left into Margaret st. Cross traffic lights and turn right on to the Paterson st Bridge.
Gather your team! The team challenge is for cumulative team kilometres from any of the main rides. Individuals registering in a team go in the running for prizes too! Suitable for sporting groups, corporate teams or friends and family.
- Travel North on West Tamar hwy to Legana
- Turn right to Rosevears at the bottom of Muddy Creek hill
- Travel through Rosevears to Exeter
- Turn right down the Blackwall hill and continue on to the drink station at Deviot
- Drink/food Station is on the left on the Western side of the Batman Bridge
- Head East across the bridge turning right on the East Tamar hwy
on a clover leaf intersection
- Continue up hill on East Tamar hwy before turning right on to
Johnsons Rd to Hillwood
- At bottom of the hill turn left and ride up hill to Hillwood fire station.
- Continue on towards the Berry farm and onward to the East Tamar hwy intersection
- Cross over the hwy with care at Mt Direction and head North on Dalrymple Rd
- Turn right on the Bangor tramway towards Bangor
- Right turn on the Pipers River rd then a quick left towards Bangor heading East
- Continue on this road following signs until Pipers River Rd at Karoola
- Up hill from here to Turners Marsh and onward to the Lilydale Rd
- Turn Right at Lilydale rd, down finger post hill with care, Through Rocherlea
on to the Nthn outlet via Newnham
- Return along the Northern Outlet turn right from Wellington st into Paterson st
- Turn right into Park st and arrive at Royal Park
Food & Drink Refreshment Stations:
Rosevears, Batman Bridge, Mt Direction & Karoola
Toilets at Batman Bridge