100km Sally’s Ride
Entry fee $60 (Under 18 $30)
E-bikes are welcome to participate in this ride.
Sally’s Ride is a 100km challenge that will suit the experienced rider who is looking for an extended challenge.
The 100km challenge follows a route in a clockwise direction travelling towards Legana, up through Bridgenorth, Glengarry, and Beaconsfield. The makes it way past the Batman Bridge and along the the Western side of the Tamar River and back to the Launceston Rugby Union Club.
Gather your team! The team challenge is for cumulative team kilometres from any of the rides. Individuals registering in a team go in the running for prizes too! Suitable for sporting groups, corporate teams or friends and family.
Riders depart the Launceston Rugby Union Club (Home Point Parade) and turn right onto Wellington Street obeying all road rules.
2. Proceed along Wellington St, crossing Brisbane St then turning right at York St lights, beware of
3. Proceed north-west crossing the Paterson St Bridge with the scenic Cataract Gorge on the left
and the Tamar River and Royal Park away to the right.
4. Continue along West Tamar Hwy A7 to Legana
5. Turn left toward Bridgenorth C732 immediately after the Liberty fuel station
6. Enjoy the climb up to Bridgenorth passing the home of the Parrots footy club on your left before
arriving at a set of crossroads
7. Turn right at the crossroads C730 and proceed NW along Long Plains Road.
8. At Frankford Hwy B71 turn left with care towards Glengarry.
9. After climbing and then descending the “Glengarry Hill” turn right just before the shop toward
10. Proceed staying on the sealed road until arriving at the Winkleigh Rd intersection.
11. Turn left, crossing the Supply River, C717 head towards Flowery Gully and some welcoming hills.
12. Continue through Flowery Gully and turn left on to the West Tamar Hwy A7 a couple of kms
from Beaconsfield city centre.
13. Proceed to Grubb Street in the centre of historic town where you will turn right. There will be a
refreshment stop and toilets on your left at the Beaconsfield recreation ground
14. After a well earned rest, continue on Grubb Street/Auburn rd C724
15. Proceed up and over Goaty Hill through Kayena
16. Passing the boat ramp on your left look for a left hand turn at the bottom of a menacing hill. ( a
good hill climb for those who have time)
17. Turn left toward Auld Kirk and proceed for a short distance on a gravel surface passing under
the Batman Bridge
18. Alighting from the dust, turn left on to Deviot road C728 and head through Gravelly Beach up
Blackwall hill before arriving at West Tamar hwy A7
19. Turn left and head to Lanena, veering left off the highway at the bottom of the hill and on to
Rosevears Drive. C733
20. Take in the views of the picturesque Tamar River and call in to the Rosevears Recreation for
some more refreshments (and toilet stop)
21. Batteries re-charged, continue on along the river before climbing Muddy Creek hill to Legana.
22. With the wind at your back, continue Southward back through Riverside again passing over the
Paterson st Bridge with the Gorge on your right, returning to the Launceston Rugby Union Club for a well earned rest
and refreshment over a chat with other riders about the conquered challenge.
Food & Drink Refreshment Stations:
Beaconsfield Recreation Ground (refreshments and toilet stop)
Rosevears Recreation Ground (refreshments and toilet stop)
Refreshments provided by event organisers.