100km Sally’s Ride
Entry fee $60 (Under 18 $30)
* E-bikes are welcome to participate in this ride.
Sally’s Ride is a 100km challenge that will suit the experienced rider who is looking for an extended challenge.
The 100km challenge follows a route in an anti-clockwise direction along the East Tamar to Karoola/Turners Marsh and Hillwood and over the famous Batman Bridge before returning via Deviot, Rosevears, Exeter and Legana along the Western side of the Tamar River and back to Royal Park Launceston.
More information is included on the map and route details below.
Gather your team! The team challenge is for cumulative team kilometres from any of the rides. Individuals registering in a team go in the running for prizes too! Suitable for sporting groups, corporate teams or friends and family.
- Leave Royal Park turn right on to Paterson St before turning left into Margaret St.
- Turn left at next intersection into Brisbane st and head East into Bathurst St. and under the Paterson St. overpass.
- Continue over Charles St bridge and along Goderich st in a Northerly direction towards the Northern outlet.
- Proceed along the Northern outlet, DO NOT TURN RIGHT at the Newnham exit.
- Continue to the Rocherlea/Lilydale exit and veer left on the clover leaf and head South through Rocherlea industrial precinct.
- Turn left toward Lilydale at the Black Stallion Hotel.
- Head up Lilydale Road and continue on to the top of the “Finger Post” hill.
- Turn left soon after on the Pipers River Rd to Karoola/Turners Marsh.
- Proceed to Karoola past the recreation ground on the right, then turn right onto the Bangor Rd. Follow the Bangor Rd until it rejoins the Pipers River Rd.
- Turn right, then left on the Old Bangor Tram Rd and head west.
- Turn left on Dalrymple Rd and ride to the East Tamar Hwy.
- Cross the East Tamar Hwy WITH CARE and onto Hillwood Rd.
- Continue on PAST Leam rd Turnoff to the intersection at the Fire Station
- Turn Left Downhill towards the Tamar river.
- Continue on edge of river heading north past the footy ground and over the bridge.
- Turn right and head up hill until the intersection with the East Tamar Hwy and turn left towards Bell Bay. Turn left again onto the Batman Highway
- Cycle west, passing over the famous Batman Bridge.
- Turn left to Deviot and drink/food/toilet Station is on the Western side of the Batman Bridge
- Continue through Deviot, Robigana, Gravelly Beach and Blackwall to the West Tamar Highway, and turn left.
- Turn left onto Rosevears Drive and follow this until it rejoins the West Tamar Highway. Turn left to Legana and through Riverside.
- Cross the Paterson bridge into Brisbane St.
- Turn left into Margaret St, then right into Paterson St, and left into Park St and
on to the finish line.
Food & Drink Refreshment Stations:
Mt Direction/Karoola, Batman Bridge, Legana, Rosevears
Toilets at Batman Bridge
Support our sponsor