Entry fee $40 (Under 18 $20)
Starts at 9.00am
* E-bikes are welcome to participate in this ride.
This ride is aimed at the more experienced cyclist who is looking for an increase in challenge or the experienced rider who wants a shorter faster ride.
This ride will make a turn at Legana and head towards the Bridgenorth Football Club before taking a rural tour through West Tamar bypassing Bridgnorth and Glengarry. The ride will make a turn and travel back towards the Launceston Rugby Union Club via Rosevears.
Gather your team! The team challenge is for cumulative team kilometres from any of the rides. Individuals registering in a team go in the running for prizes too! Suitable for sporting groups, corporate teams or friends and family.
1. Riders depart the Launceston Rugby Union Club (Home Point Parade) and turn right onto Wellington Street obeying all road rules.
2. Proceed along Wellington St, crossing Brisbane St then turning right at York St lights, beware of
3. Proceed north-west crossing the Paterson St Bridge with the scenic Cataract Gorge on the left
and the Tamar River and Royal park away to the right.
4. Continue along West Tamar Hwy A7 to Legana
5. Turn left toward Bridgenorth C732 immediately after the Liberty fuel station
6. Enjoy the climb up to Bridgenorth passing the home of the Parrots footy club on your left before
arriving at a set of crossroads
7. Turn right at the crossroads C730 and proceed NW along Long Plains Road.
8. At West Tamar Hwy turn Right with care towards Exeter B71
9. Arriving at Exeter, turn right on to the West Tamar Hwy A7
10. Cycle carefully through the boutique farming town, watching closely for opening car doors
11. Continue on passing Blackwall turn off before turning left on to Rosevears Drive C733
12. Take in the views of the picturesque Tamar River and call in to the Rosevears Recreation for
some refreshments (and toilet stop)
13. Batteries re-charged, continue on along the river before climbing Muddy Creek hill to Legana.
14. With the wind at your back, continue Southward back through Riverside again passing over the
Paterson st Bridge with the Gorge on your right, returning to Royal Park for a well earned rest
and refreshment over a chat with other riders about the conquered challenge.
Food & Drink Refreshment Stations:
Rosevears Recreation Ground (refreshments and toilet stop)
Refreshments provided by event organisers.